More people trust Consumer Reports to help guide them through kitchen and bath remodeling than just about any other resource. Here’s their March 2012 list of bathroom remodeling do’s and don’ts where they are kind enough to refer to my comments.
- Build a 10 to 15 percent cushion into your budget.
- Hide the toilet away, either in its own “room-within-the-room” or behind a half wall
- Porcelain tile is a favorite among designers, for use on the floors, sinks and walls
- We’re now using tub space to create larger showers
- It’s important to have plenty of surface area, so it often makes sense to have a single sink and more counter space
Consumer Reports, “Bathroom Remodeling Guide: Dos and Don’ts”, March, 2012